- COOKIE USE POLICY
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “cookie browser” or “HTTP cookie” or simply “cookie”) is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, which is stored on the electronic device through which the user access the Internet. The cookie is installed by a web server’s request from a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera etc.) and is completely “passive” (does not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user’s hard disk).
The cookie consists of 2 parts: its name and the information it stores. Cookies do not request information about the user’s data, but they do store certain information in order to identify it at the device level connected to the Internet and not at the personal level.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with the respective web server.
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES ARE COOKIES USED THROUGH THIS INTERNET PAGE?
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely:
– facilitating access to the user account – facilitating online support – posting comments on the site – traffic statistics and analysis;
– improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur during the visit / use – providing anonymous statistics to the owner on how this website is used.
- WHAT IS THE LIFETIME OF A COOKIE?
The lifetime of a cookie is determined. Only the web server that set the cookie can access it again when the user returns to the site associated with the respective web server. After the lifetime of cookies, they are divided into:
- Session cookies – these are temporarily stored in the web browser and stored until the user exits the site or closes the browser window;
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on the user’s hard disk for the period of time set by the web server. Cookies themselves do not require personal information and in most cases do not personally identify Internet users.
- WHAT ARE THIRD PARTY COOKIES?
- WHAT COOKIES ARE USED THROUGH THIS INTERNET PAGE:
A visit to the Moda Research SRL website may place cookies for the purposes of:
- Visitor analysis
These cookies are used by software that determines which country you are from. It is completely anonymous and is used only for internal statistics.
- Registration cookies
When you register on this site, we generate a cookie that notifies you whether or not you are registered. Our servers use these cookies to show us the account you are registered with. It also allows us to associate any action of yours on our site with the user owned.
- DELETING / LOCKING COOKIES
By refusing cookies to access the website, the cookie offered by Google Analytics and YouTube will be blocked. The rest of the cookies are essential for the “smooth running of the site”
- WHY ARE COOKIES IMPORTANT TO THE INTERNET?
Cookies are the central point of the efficient functioning of the Internet, helping to generate a user-friendly browsing experience adapted to the preferences and interests of each user. Refusing or disabling cookies can make some sites impossible to use. Refusing or deactivating cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior. Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require user authentication through an account):
- Content and services tailored to user preferences – categories of news, weather, sports, maps, public and government services, entertainment sites and travel services.
- Offers tailored to the interests of users – retaining passwords, language preferences (for example: displaying search results in a particular language).
- Retaining child protection filters on Internet content. Limiting the frequency of ad serving – Limiting the number of times an ad is displayed for a particular user on a site.
- Providing user relevant advertising. Measuring a certain level of traffic on a website through Analytics, the type of content viewed, the way a user reaches a website (from search engines, directly, from other websites etc.).
- SECURITY AND PROBLEMS RELATED TO CONFIDENTIALITY
Cookies are NOT viruses! They use text formats. They are not made up of pieces of code that can be executed. As a result, you cannot duplicate or replicate to other computers or networks to run or replicate again. Due to the lack of these functionalities they cannot be considered viruses. However, cookies can be used for negative purposes. They store information about user preferences and browsing history that can be used for Spyware. Many anti-spyware products are aware of this fact and are constantly flagging cookies for deletion in anti-virus / anti-spyware removal / scanning procedures. In general, browsers have built-in privacy settings that provide different levels of cookie acceptance, validity period and automatic deletion after the user has visited a particular site. Because identity protection is very valuable, it is advisable to know the problems that may be caused by cookies. There is a constant exchange of information between the browser and the web site through cookies and if an attacker or unauthorised person intervenes in this process, the information contained in the cookie may be intercepted. This can happen if the internet connection is made on an unsecured network such as an encrypted wireless network. Due to their flexibility, cookies are used by most websites, including some of the most popular ones (YouTube, Gmail, Facebook etc.). Cookies are, therefore, unavoidable and disabling them will result in faulty functionality and even inability to access certain sites.
- If you share access to the computer, you can consider setting the browser to clear individual browsing data each time you close the browser. This is a way to access the websites that place cookies and delete any information related to them at the time of closing the browser. Always install and update antivirus / anti spyware applications.
- All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings.
- USEFUL LINKS
- Everything about Cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Official Website oficial of the European Union regarding Cookies: http://ec.europa.eu/cookies/
- Complete advertising guide: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/ro/
For any further questions about how cookies are used through this website, please contact us by using the contact form.